Youth Mentoring is a Mentoring ministry of Salem Church which is focused on children in our congregation of Single Parents who do not have an active parent regularly participating in their life. By Mentoring, our goal is to lift the spirit of these children and assist them in developing to their fullest potential, for the glory of God. We have formed a wonderful relationship with Crestview Elementary School in Tipton county and work with the administration and staff in every area we possibly can.
Our Vision is for men to come alongside kids from single parent homes, to show them that they are worthy of being loved. Our prayer is for every child to know that the God who created them has not forgotten them, and that His people will stand in the gap that exists in their hearts.
“Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation.” (Psalm 68:5)
What is mentoring?
- Mentoring is when a caring adult spends time with a child who shares similar interests.
- All mentoring relationships are designed to be one-on-one, adult-to-youth friendships.
- Mentoring is being a friend and being someone who will show up in their lives on a regular basis
Why do we mentor the fatherless?
- To respond to Biblical direction about caring for the fatherless.
- To spend quality time with a child just because he/she is worth it.
- To answer the growing need in our church of fatherless children needing guidance.
- To make a child feel important and worthy of your time.
How To Become a Mentor
- Participate in a personal interview with Salem Mentor Leadership
- Undergo a background screening process
- Attend a new mentor training/orientation session
- Become matched!!